In a spectacular, simian-inspired tribute to the 50th anniversary of the original Planet of the Apes film, our Scary Monsters 106th APE-ocalypse Issue includes "The Apes of Wrath," an in-depth look back at the landmark film series, and "Planet of Primates," which is a "behind the cages" analysis of the science underlying the films.
This 146-pulp-page APE-idemic issue also includes: an exclusive sneak peek and "making of" article on the stunning stop-motion short film Denham's Giant Monster. Actor and film producer Patrick Curtis tells the true tale of trick-or-treating at Bela Lugosi's house in "Count Dracula vs. The 'Little" Wild Bunch." The scary spotlight returns to a long line of Northeast Ohio horror hosts from Ghoulardi to Son of Ghoul.
In addition to many other scary articles, this issue will also include our regular features:
- Weird USA: a visit to "UFO central" Roswell, New Mexico
- Kaiju Korner: a review of King Kong's "career" since 1933
- Strange Days: surviving San Diego Comic-Con International
- Dr. Gangrene's Mad Interview: Scary Monsters cover artist Scott Jackson
- Collecting Classic Monsters: debut column for classic horror and sci-fi collectors of all ages
- ... as well as Scare Mail, Scareviews, Scare-News, Scary Stuff catalog, and much more!
Full color wraparound cover art by Scott Jackson and vintage B&W content with 144 vintage pulp pages for Monster Kids of all ages!
Important Pre-order Instructions: If you are planning to purchase additional items with this pre-order, we suggest you do a separate order; otherwise the additional items won't ship until Issue #106 is ready to ship. Also, if you want your issue bagged and boarded (placed into an archival quality "bag" with white backer board), click on the drop-down menu above to select this extra service.
A sneak preview of Scary Monsters #106 is coming soon!